1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mexican Fender pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DBWOW, Oct 23, 2013.

1. DBWOW

DBWOW

Oct 23, 2013
    I have a Mexican jazz bass and i need to know what pickups does it have. I'm asking because i want to change it to emg. And which emg pickups should i buy ?

Note:I play metal and i'm looking for perfect J-bass pickups,if there is..

2. These!!

3. If you are changing pickups, then it makes absolutely no difference what you have now.

4. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    Depends what model Mexican Jazz you have .. if it is a MIM Standard, and pre-2000 you will currently have two pickups the same length .. both neck pups ... so you will need to buy accordingly ... otherwise it does not matter, as line6 suggests ... just quick measure to make sure that the bridge pup is about 3/8" longer than the neck pup and you are good to go ... all other MIM Jazz models use the longer bridge pup configuration .. of course you could simply dremel the bridge cutout to fit the longer pup, and then you could use anything ...