Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

mexican musica (Banda and the tuba)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fetch Da bass, Jan 22, 2004.

1. anyone here in a Banda style mexican band?. I love the sound of the tuba when used in this style of music. I want to play the tuba! :)

2. ChikEnBaKeR

ChikEnBaKeR Guest

Jan 23, 2004
    ARGENTINA!!!!!!!
    my band plays a rock version of "Cielito Lindo" (a classic mexican song) Check out "Divididos", they also cover that.

Lara

www.divididos.com.ar

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    well, i live right in the birthplace of that music (Sinaloa).

It's interesting how the tuba takes the place of the bass and plays rhytmic "basslines" to the music. it's hard to find good original bands (they are so many and to me they all play the same song structure) but there are some out there that leave me wishing i could play like the tuba player :D

so yeah, i know what you mean

4. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

No lo puedo creer, a este hombre le gusta la musica de banda!! y yo que vine a USA escapandome de ese tipo de musica.
    I agree with mister Dave, if you hear one song you've heard them all!! the basslines in (almost) all the Banda songs are basically the same, it's all about funk music dude :bassist: :cool:

5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    hey compadre, i was giving my musician point of view... :p

of course i have never bought a banda cd and usually ignore it (but is damn hard here where i live). I also find it funny that banda is so popular in Japan and other countries (since it might be something new to them, while im here avoiding it)

so yeah, i also share your feelings TBG

Viva el funk :bassist:

6. wow great. yea I know what you mean Dave (same song structure).true Banda is slower with less um pa pa and lots of brass and violins.

7. Argentino aqui
    "che, que tal si nos vamos a tomar un Tequila?"

"Let`s buy some tequilas!"

Peace, Love and Mexican People!:D

Mike

8. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Mike, con todo respeto, tu novia esta super buena!!! :D no la mereces.

J.K. ;)

9. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Secretly, everyone wants to play tuba. Only the best of us come out and actually do it :D:D