1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MF 101 Vs Q-Tron

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rnilson, Sep 17, 2008.

1. rnilson

rnilson

Mar 8, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I am getting a new EV Filter. It is down to Moogerfooger LPF and Q-Tron. How do they compare?
    I will be running fuzz and octave down with it mainly. I do electronic, DnB type music.
    Thanks.

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Moog = more versatile and more controllable, but also bigger, requiring a special power supply, and with a poorer bypass.

Tonally they are "different but equal"

3. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    For what you want to do, I think the Moogerfooger suits your needs a lot better.

4. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    From what I have heard and have played (the Qtron+), the moog is a bit more for the DnB type sound as it will dominate on the low end. If you looking for more of a funky mutron-squelchy type sound, the Qtron is better.

5. Ely

Ely

Jun 8, 2001
    Huntsville, AL
    The Moog is definitely more of a synth filter, while the Q-Tron is more of a funk filter.

6. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    The Moog is definitely more versatile, but don't forget that there's also a QTron+ with which you could add a fuzz pedal into the loop so as not to mess up the envelope of the filter, but keep the fuzziness. :D