lowers Trace Elliot prices again

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoeRules00, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Closeout on all over the place. Looks like everything is over 50% off, and the 100w bass head for $100 is nearly 80% off.

Since I'm POOR, I thought I'd let you know... ;)
  2. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    Yah Im sad I missed out on buying an AH150... they must've sold out of them as they were running for 300 bucks... god I kick myself everyday for that.
  3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    ya i ordered the 100 watt head yesturday

4. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    Anyone have any experiences with this head? If it's good 100 bucks seems like a pretty good deal.
  5. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    100 watts doesn't seem like it's enough for most situations. I have a 200 watts TE that I use as a backup and it's not much power.

Chris A.:rolleyes:
  6. natebass

Sep 6, 2001
    Bremerton, WA
    I don't know...I just bought the 715 combo w/150 watts rms; used it for 2 gigs so far, & no problems hearing it in the room at all, 'course I also go thru the pa......
  7. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    trace wattage is higher than what they advertise.
    there 150 watt head is super loud!

8. That is true, but not it's not so loud that you can afford to run it at full at all times.

300 is always a good staring point.

Thinking about 'headroom' is as important as the wattage. Don't skimp on what you require or settle for less because it is a good deal. That good deal may turn sour if you require repair after a few times gigging.

Look at what you require and what you have to play against, drummer?, number of g'tarists etc.

There tank like amps, but not indestructable :)