1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MF Lakland Skyline 5501 sunburst rosewood deal

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by roosterbass, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Tonegasm

Tonegasm

Mar 22, 2010
    NJ
    Wish they had 4 strings!

2. flacoclef

flacoclef Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Texas
    nice!

3. NickFromNY

NickFromNY Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Ask them to match Guitar Center's 15% off for black friday. I just ordered one for $484 to my door. I cancelled an order on a Yamaha I had placed 10 minutes earlier.

4. jonnymac

jonnymac Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    They did have 4 strings last week. They were $499.99. I got a 1 day coupon from Sam Ash for 20% off and they matched it.

5. Wow just got the extra discount! Awesome

6. Just a heads up...MF is notorius for pushing NOS or Returns at these prices IME... Dont expect a newer Plekd model...if your cool with that going in enjoy the deal.

7. jonnymac

jonnymac Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    The 4 stringer I got was new (still had the plastic on the pickups, tuner knobs, and back cover) and it had a Plek hangtag in the box

8. macribas

macribas

Jan 17, 2009
    Austin, TX
    It's been on sale for a few days already. Glad you were able to get more discounts.

Ditto on what LightGroove said above. The only reason they do these sales is to get rid of NOS. I got a 55-02 a couple of months ago from them, when they had that other sale, and it was a 2005 made in Korea, non-Pleked.

9. Word I can take no plek for over 400 off retail

10. corba

corba

Jul 4, 2010
    showing $824 now(?)

11. macribas

macribas

Jan 17, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, they are gone. Only the maple board now (although the pic doesn't show, that's what's in the description) but that is not on sale.

12. Lucky you Johnny...IME these great deal are pushing NOS or a closeout/discontinued kind of situation .

I jumped on the last 44-02 deal and was grossly disappointed.

I say have low expectations and be very pleased.

13. yah, at least with the 45 day return policy, its safe. needless to say, to pay a luthier to set it up properly, and even do a nice fret job, its worth it

14. What disappointed you? Honestly I preferred when they did it by hand. They still use those same techs for all of their high priced US instruments.

15. just gotta say i am so pleased with this bass! I got it yesterday, it was plek'd, sound and feels great!

16. NickFromNY

NickFromNY Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Mine is on the UPS truck for delivery today! I can't wait to try it out!! Enjoy yours