Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MF selling out Yamaha NE-1 's for 24.99

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Arranger, May 22, 2003.

1. Arranger

Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    Looks like the NE-1 is being discontinued. They were down to $50 last week and now you can pick one up for $25 NIB from Musician's Friend. Sam Ash and Manny's NY say they also have them and will match MF's price.

I bought one. At that price, if I find I can't enjoy it, it will make a much dandier doorstop than that ceramic goose I got last Christmas.

2. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    $25 is a steal...you'll like it, it's got some cool sounds.
    enjoy!:cool:

3. fello

fello

Nov 11, 2002
    London, UK
    Thx for the info!.Went to MF.com and bought one right away.At that price it is a steal!:D

4. Jodaka

Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    yeah, for 25 bucks it's worth a shot. thanks for the tip...

jdkh

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Since I'm a sucker for a bargain, I grabbed one too.

6. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Thanks for the heads up!

7. wushuguy

wushuguy

Jan 9, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Looks like they're gone. :(

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Woohoo!! Looks like I got mine in time! Now I just wait for it to arrive, so I can wire it with a footswitch and true bypass. If I use it that much.

10. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I received my shipping confirmation yesterday, so I guess I got in under the wire, too.

11. Arranger

Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    Got mine in the mail today. This is a nice pedal. It's the quality I expect from Yamaha and seems well constructed.

The sound, you say? Quite nice and possibly usable for me in a few situations. I have a very weak passive old Koa wood Carvin that needed a sincere boost to the signal. I never got around to going active electronics for it and now I won't have to. The NE1 solved it's problems.

I don't think that combo will replace my fave Jazz with the Fulltone on the end, but it's a nice diversion.

For anyone that wants to scoop big time, without wailing on your flat amp settings, this is a quick way around some harsh main EQ settings. And for $30, it's a no-brainer.

12. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Mine should be excreted from the big brown truck today, but I'm so sick that I doubt I'll try it for a few days. Cough, hack, wheeze.

13. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Mine came in today, but I don't really wanna get my fingerprints all over that nice pretty bling-blingin' case! I'll probably try it out at practice tonight.

14. ahpook

ahpook

Jul 13, 2001
    now.....

i was thinking of putting some active eq in the bass i'm building.

:)

*ponders*

15. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I was thinking the same thing. If your control cavity is a decent size, it seems doable.

16. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Mine arrived 2 days ago. I haven't spent a ton of time w/ it, but overall I like it. I'm glad it was only $25, I would expect more range from it if I'd paid $50 or more. I'll mess w/ it some more, but I don't see it becoming a part of my permanent rig, I'm already pretty happy w/ my tone. If it had a footswitch I'd be more likely to use it, like to kick in a slap contour. It'll be handy to have around and someday if I need a project I may try to install it in a bass. Good deal! :)