1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MF selling out Yamaha NE-1 's for 24.99

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Arranger, May 22, 2003.

1. Arranger

Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    Looks like the NE-1 is being discontinued. They were down to $50 last week and now you can pick one up for $25 NIB from Musician's Friend. Sam Ash and Manny's NY say they also have them and will match MF's price.

I bought one. At that price, if I find I can't enjoy it, it will make a much dandier doorstop than that ceramic goose I got last Christmas.

2. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    $25 is a steal...you'll like it, it's got some cool sounds.
    enjoy!:cool:

3. fello

fello

Nov 11, 2002
    London, UK
    Thx for the info!.Went to MF.com and bought one right away.At that price it is a steal!:D

4. Jodaka

Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    yeah, for 25 bucks it's worth a shot. thanks for the tip...

jdkh

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Since I'm a sucker for a bargain, I grabbed one too.

6. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Thanks for the heads up!

7. wushuguy

wushuguy Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Looks like they're gone. :(

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    It's worth $25.

9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Woohoo!! Looks like I got mine in time! Now I just wait for it to arrive, so I can wire it with a footswitch and true bypass. If I use it that much.

10. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I received my shipping confirmation yesterday, so I guess I got in under the wire, too.

11. Arranger

Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    Got mine in the mail today. This is a nice pedal. It's the quality I expect from Yamaha and seems well constructed.

The sound, you say? Quite nice and possibly usable for me in a few situations. I have a very weak passive old Koa wood Carvin that needed a sincere boost to the signal. I never got around to going active electronics for it and now I won't have to. The NE1 solved it's problems.

I don't think that combo will replace my fave Jazz with the Fulltone on the end, but it's a nice diversion.

For anyone that wants to scoop big time, without wailing on your flat amp settings, this is a quick way around some harsh main EQ settings. And for $30, it's a no-brainer.

12. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Mine should be excreted from the big brown truck today, but I'm so sick that I doubt I'll try it for a few days. Cough, hack, wheeze.

13. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Mine came in today, but I don't really wanna get my fingerprints all over that nice pretty bling-blingin' case! I'll probably try it out at practice tonight.

14. ahpook

ahpook

Jul 13, 2001
    now.....

i was thinking of putting some active eq in the bass i'm building.

:)

*ponders*

15. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I was thinking the same thing. If your control cavity is a decent size, it seems doable.

16. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Mine arrived 2 days ago. I haven't spent a ton of time w/ it, but overall I like it. I'm glad it was only $25, I would expect more range from it if I'd paid $50 or more. I'll mess w/ it some more, but I don't see it becoming a part of my permanent rig, I'm already pretty happy w/ my tone. If it had a footswitch I'd be more likely to use it, like to kick in a slap contour. It'll be handy to have around and someday if I need a project I may try to install it in a bass. Good deal! :)