1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MF Stupid Deal 6/17 - Crown X1000 - $100 (gone now)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Reprise, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Reprise

Reprise Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Illinois
    Edit - they're already gone...sorry.

Picked up 4 of these at $99 each - figure I'll use them for monitor feeds. 3year warranty. Only downside is XLR or RCA for inputs (no 1/4") Note: They're backordered until July - but I'm not in a rush.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  2. tbz

tbz

Jun 28, 2013
    SoCal
    Can you post a link? I'm seeing that X1000 as unavailable when I do a direct search.

3. Fe911

Fe911

Apr 22, 2014
    I saw that too. The specs are a little strange. There is no weight listed? The the specs says it is stable at 4 ohms stereo, but only lists an 8 ohm bridged output. I would expect at least 4ohms bridged! since it lists 4 ohms stereo. But the sensitivity switch to .77 volts makes this look really good.

4. Reprise

Aug 3, 2012
    Illinois
    I just went there and it's been replaced with a Yamaha powered sub. I'll mark 'gone' in the title.

5. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

When you bridge 4ohms stereo you get 8ohms. If it has ratings for 2ohms stereo then you could expect 4ohms.

6. tbz

tbz

Jun 28, 2013
    SoCal
    Thank you for confirming! I saw the same thing when I checked 9 minutes after your first post.

Guess they put them up there initially in error OR just had such an overwhelming response they had to pull it.

7. Fe911

Fe911

Apr 22, 2014
    I bought one, and then i got an email that said it was back ordered. And now I just got an email saying my order was cancelled? Too good to be true, I guess.

8. BoogieT

BoogieT

May 13, 2014
    currently on tour
    I always miss the good deals.

9. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
  10. INTP

INTP

Nov 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I have been curious about this series of amplifiers for a while, but the specs are hard to find. I can't find any of the X series on crown's web site.

How much do they weigh? What is the power at 8 ohms, and what is THD, etc.?

BTW, the X2000 and X4000 are also on sale. Still, no details.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  11. Reprise

Aug 3, 2012
    Illinois
    Apparently, these are one-off builds for GC and MF - only there are the specs listed. They're also made in China. But they still get the 3yr warranty, like the US products do. The thing you have to work around are the inputs / outputs. For inputs, you're looking at XLR or single RCA (apparently, DJs are part of the target market here); for outputs, you're looking at Speakon or binding posts. I bought them to power monitors, and that's apparently what others intended to do with them as well.
    Here's the specs, from GCs site, for the X1000.
    • Stereo/parallel/bridge-mono mode
      User selectable input sensitivity - 0.775V and 1.4V
      Electronically balanced RCA & XLR inputs; binding post and Speakon outputs
      Efficient forced-air cooling prevents excessive thermal buildup
      Electronically balanced RCA & XLR inputs; binding post and Speakon outputs
      Two level controls, power switch, power LED, and six LEDs which indicate signal presence, clip and fault for each channel
      Protection against shorts, no-load, on/off thumps and radio-frequency interference

Crown X1000 Stereo 2x300W Power Amp Specifications:
    • Guaranteed Minimum Power: 300W (per channel) @ 4 ohms / 200W (per channel) @ 8 ohms / 600W bridge mono @ 8 ohms
      Frequency Response (at 1 Watt): 20Hz - 20kHz, +0/-1dB
      Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): < 0.5%, 20 Hz - 20 kHz
      Intermodulation Distortion (IMD) 60Hz and 7kHz at 4:1, from full rated output
      to –30 dB: 0.35%
      Slew Rate: >10V/us
      Voltage Gain: 29dB 31dB 33dB 36dB
      Damping Factor (8 ?), 10Hz - 400Hz > 200
      Signal-to-Noise Ratio: (below rated power,
      20 Hz to 20 kHz, A-weighted): > 100dB
      Crosstalk (below rated power)
      At 1 kHz: –75dB
      At 20 kHz: –59dB
      Input Sensitivity for full rated power at 8 ohms 0.775V or 1.4V
      Input Impedance (nominal)
      Balanced: 20 kOhms
      Unbalanced: 10 kOhms

Connectors, Controls and Indicators
      Input Connectors: One balanced XLR and one unbalanced RCA per channel
      Output Connectors: (Speaker Connectors) 4-POLE Speakon and one pair Binding Post per channel
      Front Panel Controls: Power on/off switch, one gain control per channel
      Rear Panel Controls Output mode switch: stereo (dual), parallel or bridge
      Input sensitivity switch: 0.775V or 1.4V
      Power Indicator: One blue LED
      Signal Indicator: One green LED per channel
      Clip (peak) Indicator: One yellow LED per channel
      Fault Indicator: One red LED per channel

Construction
      Protection: Protection against short circuits, no-load, on/off muting,
      RF interference. Stable into reactive or mismatched loads
      Ventilation: Flow-through ventilation from front to back
      Cooling: Internal heat sinks with forced air. Fan cooled,
      speed regulated, thermal protection

12. INTP

INTP

Nov 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Thanks for posting that, Reprise.

They look like a good price/watt, but the reviews I've seen say they are heavy (and no spec for weight). I won't be buying any more lead sled amplifiers.

13. Reprise

Aug 3, 2012
    Illinois
    Yes, they are a little heavy - about the same or more than my XLS 2500. I should weigh the two to compare.
    I figure in an amp/effects rack, I'm not going to have to worry about the weight too much. Now for a bass rig...agreed 100% - there are better choices out there (my GK MB200 is one of my most-used amps, at least for practice)

14. I just got my X1000 (XLI 800) in and so far it has been great. I am using in my home studio/portable pa setup. I have it as a backup to to a Crown XLS 402 and at low to moderate power levels I can't tell the difference. The fan on the X1000 is much quieter. As far as the specs they are not on the Crown but has the same connections, layout, and specs right down to the weird RCA inputs as the XLI 800 which is on their site and sells for $250-299. It is real Crown product and comes packaged in all the Crown by Harman heavy duty stuff. The sales guy at MF explained that it was a closeout model for Crown and that is they are offering the deep discount. And although he wouldn't give me and extra 15% off, I think it may be the steal of the year. I have mine pushing 2 Behringer Eurolive B1520's and at 50% gain on the amp it pushes more sound than I can stand. My bass even sounds great going through it straight off the mixer. So far, great price on a great amp!!!!