1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MF Stupid Deal Of The Day! 13 Aug. 2020

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Kukulkan61, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Quitter ;)

2. Cut the middle

Cut the middle

Apr 17, 2020
    Thank you!

3. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    I don't know if they sold out or not then . I know that when I heard about this deal it was from another TB member who had snagged one of these basses and also a G&L Tele guitar from the stupid deals . I checked the link and the basses were there when I looked . I don't know how the other members bass turned out but mine is superb . It came double boxed in G&L packing , definitely not a second or a problem bass .

ant_riv, BadJazz and BassDaddy77 like this.
  4. BassDaddy77

BassDaddy77

Feb 12, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Thanks, that's reassuring to know!

5. gh0st42 and Kukulkan61 like this.
  6. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Killed_by_Death likes this.
  7. BadJazz

BadJazz Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Eugene, Oregon
    Yeah, that was me. The ASAT Tribute was for sale first, and I ordered one. Not long after the confirmation emails and such I checked the link again and it was the JB. 20 frets. I lowered the action slightly and it plays really nice. I often find I don't typically like a new bass initially due to how much I love my other G&LS, but after a few days it has really grown on me and I would gig it with pleasure. One knock: the neck pup is significantly quieter than the bridge. I raised and lowered it to little avail.

8. MazakCNC

MazakCNC

Aug 10, 2011
    Just got mine! 20 frets and beautiful!

ant_riv, Kukulkan61 and CTBassGuy like this.
  9. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Good to hear. I hope noone got a lemon because of my actions :woot:

10. BassDaddy77

BassDaddy77

Feb 12, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Interesting...
    My order still shows as "processing". Starting to wonder if MF is going to end up canceling mine due to them not being able to fulfill orders. Wonder if they oversold these, lol. So, I'm assuming the bass now matches the description: 20 frets, gloss finished neck/fretboard, actual G&L bridge and pickups? If so, sounds like you got a winner!

11. MazakCNC

MazakCNC

Aug 10, 2011
    I ordered a little before noon and it was shipped the same day. The neck definitely isn't gloss. It may have a sealer on it, but not gloss.

12. BassDaddy77

BassDaddy77

Feb 12, 2010
    NE Ohio
    I submitted my order online right around that same time of day, but must've missed out. I talked to a sales rep last night and they said there aren't any more in stock (despite what the website suggests) and they wouldn't be receiving any more because that bass isn't being made any longer. Weird, because on Monday I spoke to a different rep via chat and they said the shipment was due to arrive Thursday 8/20 and my bass would be sent out once they were received. I have no idea what to make of it, especially because my order status still says "processing". :rollno:

13. MazakCNC

MazakCNC

Aug 10, 2011
  14. BassDaddy77

BassDaddy77

Feb 12, 2010
    NE Ohio
  15. Nerve

Nerve

May 2, 2007
  16. cxc

cxc

Sep 17, 2020
    Just received mine from last week's SDOTD. New stock, 20 frets, plays well out of the box. I'm very pleased with it. Almost a perfect match to my Sage Green MIM Strat...which I was about to sell. Guess I will need to keep it now.
    IMG_0899.JPG

17. ant_riv

ant_riv

Jun 26, 2016
    I received a 20-fret yesterday and it is near perfect.

When I unboxed it, three of the four strings were in tune.
    What’s frustrating is they wouldn’t tell me which one is out!

Seriously, it was set up very well and ready to go. (And I normally adjust every instrument I purchase.) Used it at practice and both pickups are well matched.

I’m incredibly happy I jumped on this!

FlabbyDaddy and MazakCNC like this.
  18. MulesRules

MulesRules

Oct 10, 2020
    Thanks, OP. Due to g.a.s. I clicked on your link immediately after reading "Wow" and "Great deal" just below it. I 'assumed' the link would take me to whatever you bought, but no. Consequently, in a couple of days I'll be tucking my Breedlove into a nice Road Runner Highway Premium Acoustic Guitar Gig Bag.

19. BeefPie84

BeefPie84

Mar 29, 2019
    arrrgh how did I miss this?????