MG Bass WaveBird Six String finally arrived!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OkayistBassist, Jul 18, 2020.

1. OkayistBassist

OkayistBassist Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2017
    STL
    038CDE97-2B07-43B4-93C9-130E3922AB4E.jpeg C1991B13-D5D2-45A6-933B-B8534375F476.jpeg BFAEABB0-1B14-434E-A06C-1FD992F45601.jpeg

It finally arrived! It was delivered yesterday. Played a gig with it this afternoon for a set. It played amazingly.

If any of you are on the fence with MGBass, I am happy to answer any questions you may have! I’m not affiliated with them, but I will try to help out as much as I can.

It has been a minute since I’ve played a proper six string bass. Neck felt very smooth. All frets were very accessible.

I usually favor more mids doing an acoustic duo thing. I figure more presence helps in that situation. Cut right through and sounded great. It has Bartolini pickups and pre-amp. It did the job well.

I’m finished typing for now. Hopefully, I receive the videos one of the bar flies took today. I’ll post it as soon as I get it!

Attached Files:

2. chemojay

chemojay

Mar 6, 2008
    US
    Been a few what you think about it.

3. OkayistBassist

OkayistBassist Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2017
    STL
    It’s settled into my stable now. It’s tough to give a firm, honest answer since I haven’t properly gigged with it! It played out once and that was just an acoustic duo gig. I want to play one with a drummer and let ‘er rip!

I do think it’s worth the money. Mauricio put his love into making this bass. It plays incredibly well. Everything feels fantastic on it.

If anyone is on the fence with MGBass, I did forget to include a bit of info. Mauricio is wonderful with communication. He will keep you updated on your build as it progresses.

One of these days, I’ll get a video up!

chemojay likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021