1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MI Audio Chrunchbox and/or Lovepedal Plexi 800 on bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by PunkRocker33133, Sep 28, 2008.

1. PunkRocker33133

PunkRocker33133 Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Northern VA
    Any one done it? Opinions? I really want to try a Crunchbox because, I love the sound of a bass through a JCM 800 or similar.

Thanks in advance,
    Josh

2. I just got a MI Audio Tubezone for bass, and it is simply stunning. First guitar overdrive i've ever used that fattens the tone, not thins it. I've dialed up Ampeg SVT tones, right thru to fuzz. Insanely good product. Not sure about the Crunchbox, but those MI Audio guys know how to build a good pedal.

3. PunkRocker33133

Feb 11, 2008
    Northern VA
    Thanks for the response man, I was also interested in the Tubezone, would you say it's more high gain than the Cruchbox?

4. from hearing a mates crunchbox, the tubezone has a lot more gain, and a lot more tonal flexability. As well as volume, and gain it has a tone, treble, mid and character (basically low end control) all the knobs interact with each other a lot so I've found u can dial in almost any tone you want - from bassy low gain grind right thru to almost muff like fuzz. To me it's the holygrail of overdrives...

5. hmm this is interesting .. I had a blue boy deluxe for geetar but my bass completely overloaded the imput on that and no matter what settings I had it was just completely distorted

you didn't get that with either the tube zone or the crunch box ?
    maybe I was doing something wrong weird

6. Not at all...give a tubezone a try sometime though to compare!

7. PunkRocker33133

Feb 11, 2008
    Northern VA
    So any opinions on the crunchbox?