Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MI Audio Neo Fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Goose55, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Anyone tryed it on bass? Sounds good on guitar I think....

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I have one and love it. It's a very thick creamy fuzz. Works with active basses. You can drive an envelope filter with it. What's not to like? :)
    Since I use active basses, and most fuzz pedals don't like active basses, finding 'my' fuzz pedal has been tough.

The GI Fuzz works well on bass also. It's way crazier than the Neo.

3. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    [​IMG]
    (image courtesy excane :D )

Got one of these sumbitches yesterday, I really like it. My last fuzz was a Woolly Mammoth which was pretty cool, but I ditched it because a) it didn't work well with my active basses, and b) it was far too one-dimensional.

The Neo works fine with my actives, has a whole slew of tonal options, and sounds great. It isn't quite as smooth as the Mammoth, but the Body knob alone more than makes up for that, and that's just one of many features to be had here. There is a whole lot to like about this pedal, very well done.

4. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Staff Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Nice pedal. Good tone charater, but IMHO does not capture the kind of low end swell I like from some other fuzz pedals(muff, frantone lo-tone). Amazingly flexibile and works great with active basses. Have you tweeked the internal trim knob yet? :)

5. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Haven't done the internal trim yet, and honestly when I opened up the case last night I didn't even see it! Everything is so compact in there, or maybe I'm just blind.

Cheers again. :)

6. I have Neo fuzz too. It has plenty of low end and I really like how it sounds on the low gain settings.:D
    What does the internal trim pot do? Haven`t opened the box yet...

7. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Staff Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    It's an overall gain trim. You can back the pedal up a little or move it to a little more crazy.