MIA 2001 Fender Jazz Excellent!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by BassistGod, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Hey guys,

I have a excellent 2001 MIA fender jazz for sale. Sunset orange transparent finish with premium ash body. Rosewood board. The neck is finished in a satin polyurethane. The build quality of this bass is second to none. The ash body is amazing. Perfectly flawless transparent finish. There is only one imperfection on the entire bass, a tiny nick about the size of a pinpoint on the edge of the headstock. Don't know how I managed that, but I must have done it and never noticed. You won't be able to see it unless you inspect the headstock carefully. Its that small.

Other than that, the bass is flawless. Still have the $1199 price tag.

No fretwear or wear anywhere else on the bass. Its basically in like new condition. Its just been setup and a fresh set of strings put on. The sound is articulate yet full thanks to the ash body.

I'm selling for $650. For $25 dollars more, I will also include the Dimarzio Model J pickups I have for sale in another post.
  2. I have pics now, but they're too large too post. If anybody wants them, send me an email ruipac2004@yahoo.com.
  3. pitbill

Mar 27, 2003
    Bluefield, WV
    e-mail sent Rui.
  4. Damn that's niiice! I'm not in the market for another Jazz, but man is it pretty.
  5. jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    man only if it was black with a dark red shell pickguard i'd buy it in a flash.
  6. pitbill

Mar 27, 2003
    Bluefield, WV
    Bump for a great Talkbass seller. I bought a Warwick Streamer Stage I from him and it was exactly as he described. According to him this Jazz has a better action than the bass I bought and it is quite remarkable. I have no doubt that this is an amazing bass, wish I had the money...I have an empty corner in my house that it would look great in.:) The Sunset Orange color is truly one of those "you have to see in person to really appreciate" kind of things too, seems a camera has a hard time of capturing how nice those really look under lights.

P.S. He does a great job of packing and shipping too.
  7. Thanks Billy,

Billy's a pleasure to deal with and I'd be more than happy to vouch for him anyday.
  8. I'll trade you a Reverend Rumblefish for it.
  9. Marc H.

Marc H. Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Bucks County, PA
    If so, are you accepting any trades or partial trades?

10. Sorry about late reply. Been a little busy with classes, work and oh, watching the RedSox do what they haven't done in 85 years.

Anyway, not really looking for a trade, but it doesn't hurt to offer.

Also the Dimarzios have been sold.

11. Somebody's really gonna love this bass.

I'm selling the bass becasue its too snappy and articuate sounding for me. Probably beacasue of the ash body. My taste tends more toward the old school tone. Basically what my hammer does for me. Alder body, vintage pu's.

Next stop, ebay!
  12. I have the same bass w/maple neck and Dimarzio Ultra Jazz P/U's and would have to agree w/BG, mine cuts through well and is very articulate. In fact, moreso than my FMT 4, which I've recently sold. I did like the pre on the FMT, (which is very usable across the spectrum) it just didn't seem as wholesome of an overall tone and as balanced as the std ash Jazz.

Obviously it's not for everyone, it wouldn't be for sale.
  13. pm sent.................
  14. Alot of great offers coming. Just haven't found the right one yet.
  15. Somebody just make your best offer. I will consider all cash offers. I have too many basses as it is. :meh: