MIA active Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JKT, Dec 28, 2007.

1. JKT

JKT

Apr 30, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Endorsing Artist: Barker Basses
    I was killing time at my local GC last night. Picked up an "active Jazz Bass" Anyone own one of these? I thought the tonal possiblities were interesting. That being said, does any who play one avail themselves of these tonal pallettes? Or is it not as practical as it seems? I'm a long time Fender guy and so it felt good right off the bat. Not in the market right at the moment but- you never know. Sometimes I wonder if I'm crazy carrying my vintage P-bass all over the place.

JKT :bassist:

2. Cerpin_Taxt

Cerpin_Taxt

Sep 29, 2007
    Toronto
    I assume that is the Mexican deluxe series bass. I played it once and I own its bigger brother, MIA. It is a solid bass. I am a fan of Fender's active EQ, but you have to make sure active is really your thing.

If all you have is a p-bass, having a jazz bass will really open up your tonal palette. I would highly reccommend that bass, but would also reccommend the mexican standard jazz bass as well. Both sound great.

3. JKT

JKT

Apr 30, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Endorsing Artist: Barker Basses
    I noticed an American flag decal on the pick guard. I assumed that meant MIA. No?

JKT

4. honeyboy

honeyboy

Oct 31, 2004
    It may be the Deluxe version. I just bought the American 5 string Deluxe. The active electronics certainly give it more sound possibilities. Everything set flat gives a pretty close traditional Fender tone, IMO I have yet to play it out, so I can't comment on using its tonal possibilities in a live setting. I would hope it would be useful!:)

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021