1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MIA Deluxe Precision Pickguard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jaeman111, Apr 25, 2006.

1. I am looking for a new pickguard for my Fender MIA Deluxe Precision. I have found sites that carry standard P-bass pickguards, but none for the deluxe. Any ideas? I am trying to find a stock replacement, rather than have one custom made.

Thanks, Jay

2. Hyde

Hyde

Mar 30, 2006
    I've been looking as well, and haven't found anywhere yet. Warmoth doesn't seem to be nearly as flexible about bass pickguards as they are about ones for guitar.

3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Custom made is generally the best choice for a perfect fit. Even though all these a parts are made by CNC machines, they are still hand assembled and so there can be minor variations.

Roger at Jeannies is fast and reasonable. He would be my choice in your situation if you want 'perfect' and through the mail. I had one done by a local luthier and while it set me back maybe 15 or 20 more than it would have otherwise, the fit is fantastic.