1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD MIA Fender 5-string Jazz FS/FT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by petersenbass, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I bought this MIA Fender Jazz fiver here on talkbass about a year ago. It has a couple love rashes, but still looks great. It almost looks "relic'd". I have about $900 in this bass.

SOLD plus shipping temp price drop

Serial Number -> Z1025951

I recently installed an 18-volt Aguilar preamp and a couple Bartolini pickups.One pickup is older and the other I bought straight from Bartolini this year. You're probably going to want to put new strings on it. I bought some off ebay, and they're not great. :) You can hear it with good strings at www.myspace.com/themothershiprocks

I've been jonesing for a Jazz 24, and my buddy is going to sell me his for crazy cheap, but I need to unload this first.

Attached Files:

2. Here are the major "love rashes"

Attached Files:

3. svp

svp

Mar 12, 2007
    Atlanta
    What are the function of the controls and where in Tennessee are you?

4. Volume-Blend- Stacked Bass & Treble
    It's an OBP-3 Preamp, but the mid control was bypassed.
    It seems not to matter.

I live in Hermitage (East Nashville). I gig in Nashville and Murfreesboro a lot.
    Murfreesboro is about 3.5 hrs from Atlanta.

FYI, My Zeppelin Tribute Band will be coming down to play in Marietta and Lawrencville the last weekend in April. Also we'll be in Johns Creek the last weekend in May.

5. bump

6. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Nice bass Scott. Wish I had something un-modern that would fit your bill as a trade.

7. Stflbn , I'm still loving my Schecter Studio 6-string that Brian beefed up. It's not as modded as yours, but I love it. It'll meet my B-string needs. I want to trade this 5-string in for a 4-banger for my Zep Tribute.

My Schecter with Aggy Pre and EMG Soaps is rocking my multi-string needs!! I wish it had your bridge. :)

8. bump,temporary price drop

$745 plus shipping

or trade for a MIA or MIJ Fender Jazz 4-string +/- cash

I may consider a Joe Osborn or Bob Glaub Skyline.

Sunburst or Black preferred

9. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    JPJ played a 5-string...
    [​IMG]
    :D

10. SOLD SOLD SOLD

Wow, JPJ's sporting a 5-string and the 'stache too!
    He also had an Alembic he used a couple times with
    Zeppelin. He's definitely more known as a four-string jazz player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.