Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MIA Fender Jazz, a fair price?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jedi, Sep 6, 2003.

1. jedi

jedi

Apr 11, 2003
    north texas
    In fear of being yelled at on the 'selling' forum, I'm posting here to try and get an idea of what a fair price would be for a 2001 Fender MIA Jazz. I don't play it that often, and I think it would be put to better use with someone else. I payed 600 for it six months old, and I'm wondering if that would be a fair price? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

-Kyle

2. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    600 is a ok price..not amazing..but good

color? dents...pics?

steve

3. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    $600 sounds fair. Nobody should yell at you over your asking price anyway. They should either accept the price, make a counter offer, or ignore and move on.

4. jedi

jedi

Apr 11, 2003
    north texas
    It has some light scratches on the back side, and i a small scratch on the bottom edge. let me see if i can figure out how to post images...i see the image button, but i usually have a hard time with this. Though unfortunately the pictures were take a year ago, and i don't have a digicam. But in case they don't work, it's three color tobacco, with a black pickguard. hmm, i'll try to get one of my friends to host it on their sight and i'll edit this message later today.

-kyle

5. jedi

jedi

Apr 11, 2003
    north texas
    I just noticed the Attach File slot at the bottom of this page...i'm an idiot. But here is a picture of the bass, though this pic is about a year and a half old, a few months after i got the bass, and there are finger prints a plenty on it. There is some light scratching on the back from belts, and a mysterious scratch on the bottom edge that was there when I originally got it. I know this isn't the forum for selling, and that's not what i'm doing, i'm just trying figure out if 600 is a fair price for it. I apologize though if this should be in the sellers forum.:(
    -Kyle

6. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Nice looking bass! If it sounds good, and plays good, there is nothing wrong with that price. You get what you pay for.