Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MIA Fender Jazz Bass V With J-Retro

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Danny R., Jun 10, 2003.

1. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

I have this nice MIA Fender Jazz Bass V up for trade and maybe for sale, olimpic white, maple neck, pau ferro fretboard, string through body, toirtose pickguard, chrome hardware, Dunlop straplocks, upgraded with a J-retro preamp and noisless pickups, the bass is in excellent condition and with the J-Retro it sounds amazing, this is my first bass with the J-Retro and I think that it's the best preamp out there (IMNSHO) it does wonders, the bass comes in a fender tweed hardshell case in great condition, I love this bass but I need a good 5 stringer with wide string spacing and at least 22 frets (I do a lot of tapping) so I'll consider any reasonable offers, I wouldn't mind if I don't sell it or trade it I just need more than 20 frets. Feel free to PM me or email me any question, thanks for looking.
    Danny.
    Here's the J-Retro site for specs.

J-RETRO SITE

[​IMG]

2. Danny R.

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Guys..I just traded this bass to Danny. Its a killer bass. If I had the cash or another bass to trade him for it, I'd do it in a second.
    Danny was GREAT to deal with and this is a great bass. Someone snatch it up.

4. G

G

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    you have pm

5. Danny R.

thanks for the kind words mister cheezewiz (aka Pat;) )
    mister G you have a PM :ninja:

6. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    you have mail:cool:

7. Danny R.

This great bass now belongs to señor cb56 :)

8. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Thanks alot Can't wait. Thumb bass will be heading your way tomorrow. Enjoy :cool:

9. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    The deal is done! The Fender Jazz v rocks! The bass was received on time and was exactly as described. I wouldn't hesitate to make a trade or buy from Danny (The Bass guru) anytime. Very cool! :bassist:

10. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    By the way, I snagged your pictures of the Jazz bass for my web page. Hope that's ok.:cool:

11. Danny R.

Thanks Chris, enjoy :bassist:

12. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Actually, the pics posted here are mine!...but thats fine. Glad the deal worked out for you and Bass Guru both. Its a killer bass!

13. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Thanks Cheezewiz :cool:

14. Danny R.

Hey! what are you talking about? my thread my pictures, but seriously, thanks for the pics pat.

Chris, I just finished setting up the Thumb, IT ROCKS!!! I adjusted the bridge and now the string spacing is about 19mm, I gave her a "bath" with tung oil and now she looks like brand new, the B string is killer!! I'm very happy with my new bass, thanks again :D
    Danny.

15. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    That's great when a trade works out good for all involved.:D I just finished tweaking the set up on the Fender V to suit my heavy handed playing. It plays and sounds great. Now I just need to learn the nuances of that J Retro pre amp. :meh:
    Played a gig with it and my Guitar player who is also a bass player flipped over it. it's a keeper. glad you like that Thumb bolt on. I'm happy to know that it went to someone who will take care of it. :cool:

16. pathdoc2

pathdoc2

Oct 16, 2002
    Allen, TX
    Hey that jazz used to be mine. I added the J-retro and the noiseless pickups. Glad you like it.

17. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    STILL kickin myself for dealing this one. CB..you are a lucky man. Pathdoc did a great job putting this one together.

18. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    If this bass is so great,(which I agree it is)How did it end up in my lame bass playing hands???? :D

I've been poking around here and FDP and The Dudepit seeking tidbits of info on the J-retro pre amp. Here is a list of folks who have owned this bass. Reverse cronological order
    cb56 (Illinois)
    The Bass Guru (California)
    Cheezewiz (Ohio)
    Jsonnenblick (Penn.)
    Pathdoc (Texas)
    and from what I understand Pathdoc you weren't the original owner? Man this bass has been around. I almost feel obligated to send it to someone else. :bawl:....Uhhh NO WAY :bassist: