1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MIA Fender Jazz Bass V With J-Retro

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Danny R., Jun 10, 2003.

1. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

I have this nice MIA Fender Jazz Bass V up for trade and maybe for sale, olimpic white, maple neck, pau ferro fretboard, string through body, toirtose pickguard, chrome hardware, Dunlop straplocks, upgraded with a J-retro preamp and noisless pickups, the bass is in excellent condition and with the J-Retro it sounds amazing, this is my first bass with the J-Retro and I think that it's the best preamp out there (IMNSHO) it does wonders, the bass comes in a fender tweed hardshell case in great condition, I love this bass but I need a good 5 stringer with wide string spacing and at least 22 frets (I do a lot of tapping) so I'll consider any reasonable offers, I wouldn't mind if I don't sell it or trade it I just need more than 20 frets. Feel free to PM me or email me any question, thanks for looking.
    Danny.
    Here's the J-Retro site for specs.

J-RETRO SITE

[​IMG]

2. Danny R.

Body :ninja:
    [​IMG]

3. Danny R.

Headstock :ninja:
    [​IMG]

4. Danny R.

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Guys..I just traded this bass to Danny. Its a killer bass. If I had the cash or another bass to trade him for it, I'd do it in a second.
    Danny was GREAT to deal with and this is a great bass. Someone snatch it up.

6. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    you have pm

7. Danny R.

thanks for the kind words mister cheezewiz (aka Pat;) )
    mister G you have a PM :ninja:

8. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    you have mail:cool:

9. Danny R.

This great bass now belongs to señor cb56 :)

10. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Thanks alot Can't wait. Thumb bass will be heading your way tomorrow. Enjoy :cool:

11. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    The deal is done! The Fender Jazz v rocks! The bass was received on time and was exactly as described. I wouldn't hesitate to make a trade or buy from Danny (The Bass guru) anytime. Very cool! :bassist:

12. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    By the way, I snagged your pictures of the Jazz bass for my web page. Hope that's ok.:cool:

13. Danny R.

Thanks Chris, enjoy :bassist:

14. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Actually, the pics posted here are mine!...but thats fine. Glad the deal worked out for you and Bass Guru both. Its a killer bass!

15. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Thanks Cheezewiz :cool:

16. Danny R.

Hey! what are you talking about? my thread my pictures, but seriously, thanks for the pics pat.

Chris, I just finished setting up the Thumb, IT ROCKS!!! I adjusted the bridge and now the string spacing is about 19mm, I gave her a "bath" with tung oil and now she looks like brand new, the B string is killer!! I'm very happy with my new bass, thanks again :D
    Danny.

17. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    That's great when a trade works out good for all involved.:D I just finished tweaking the set up on the Fender V to suit my heavy handed playing. It plays and sounds great. Now I just need to learn the nuances of that J Retro pre amp. :meh:
    Played a gig with it and my Guitar player who is also a bass player flipped over it. it's a keeper. glad you like that Thumb bolt on. I'm happy to know that it went to someone who will take care of it. :cool:

18. pathdoc2

pathdoc2

Oct 16, 2002
    Allen, TX
    Hey that jazz used to be mine. I added the J-retro and the noiseless pickups. Glad you like it.

19. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    STILL kickin myself for dealing this one. CB..you are a lucky man. Pathdoc did a great job putting this one together.

20. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    If this bass is so great,(which I agree it is)How did it end up in my lame bass playing hands???? :D

I've been poking around here and FDP and The Dudepit seeking tidbits of info on the J-retro pre amp. Here is a list of folks who have owned this bass. Reverse cronological order
    cb56 (Illinois)
    The Bass Guru (California)
    Cheezewiz (Ohio)
    Jsonnenblick (Penn.)
    Pathdoc (Texas)
    and from what I understand Pathdoc you weren't the original owner? Man this bass has been around. I almost feel obligated to send it to someone else. :bawl:....Uhhh NO WAY :bassist: