MIA Fender Jazz Deluxe V.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Marty Forrer, Feb 27, 2002.

1. I've swapped a bunch of surplus gear for a used one of these. It's a Metallic pale blueish-green with white pearloid guard. Does anyone know the name of this color? Just curious.
    Also, I am getting a J-retro for it, and have considered going further and replacing the pickups, but the pickup sites and literature I've found all say their pups are not direct replacements for Fender 5, and I can understand that, as the mounts for Fender 5 pups are wider apart than normal. I've done a search here, and have'nt found much, so, has anyone any specific details of replacement pups for this bass?
  2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Sounds like "Lake Placid Blue" to me. A classic Fender color.
  3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Actually, I wouldn't refer to Lake Placid Blue as "pale" or "green" either. Sounds to me like this may be another classic Fender color: Seafoam Green.

Of course without a photo...
  4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I think the color of your bass is called Teal Green Metallic.
  5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
  6. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    its not seafoam green, the mia's used to come in a transparant green. I cant remember the exact name but it was transparent (something) green if my memory serves correct it was transparant metallic green. When I find my catalog Ill repost with the exact color name.
  7. It's not LPB, or Seafoam, but I think the metallic teal green may be getting close. I dont have a digi camera, unfortunately.
    I've just found a pic of the transparent teal green, and it's not that, it's a solid colour. Strange too, the sort of creamy-white pearloid guard....