1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MIA Fender Jazz pickups vs Sadowsky Hum Canceling Jazz Pups

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MaddAnthony_59, Mar 31, 2009.

1. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Okay, there probably aren't too many folks here that have played a stock MIA Fender Jazz, then upgraded it with Sadowsky HumCanceling Jazz Pickups.

Well, I did just that last night on my MIA 2004 Jazz with S-1 switch. The installation was pretty straight forward, even for a soldering gun challenged wanker like myself!

Anyone care to comment on their experience with Sadowsky HC Jazz Pups?:hyper:

2. monroe55

monroe55

Mar 17, 2009
    Why'd you do that?:confused:

3. MaddAnthony_59

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    Ultimately I'm building a Fendowsky. I have the Sadowsky preamp with VTC going in next. I thought I'd A/B the pickups before changing the electronics out. On top of the pickups & pre I'm going to add a couple of DPDT switches for Series/SinglCoil/Parallel for each pickup.

I'm also toying with the idea of doing everything to my MIM Jazz with a Squire II P-Bass neck first. Some Routing may be involved...:eek:

4. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    And how do they sound?

5. MaddAnthony_59

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    Mr Horse says: Hmmmm...Yes sir, I Like It!:D

They sound Pretty Good! Darker sounding, but in a way Brighter. I'm not a Slapper, but I could see this being a good sound for it. And if I have the front vol at 10, and roll the bridge back to about 7, it gets LOUDER, and gives a slight Overdrive sound! Oh, and no ANNOYING Hum! The S-1 switch still works, and still sounds like a mediocre P-Bass...:meh:

I think I'll work on the Series/Single/Parallel switches next, and save the Pre for last. Might still throw that in the MIM/Squire FrankenBass first.

I'd better start taking Pic's!