1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mia fender jazz v neck flip

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shadowcatcher, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Carried it to a luthier and they said its got a s-bow in the neck... I'd like to have a fretless to go with my other basses. Would this be a good candidate for a fretless conversion?

Would you suggest a new neck or carrying to a luthier to remove frets and plane the rosewood board to correct the s-bow..

Bass is about four years old and other than the neck, is in mint condition so I don't want to totally botch it up.

I'm considering a warmoth fretless neck replacement... Does anyone have experience with getting a replacement neck from Fender? I'd like to keep it all fender, but I have the action set too high to be comfortable to play because of fretting out....

Any suggestions are appreciated...

Thanks,

Mike

2. Bump...

3. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I think a Warmoth fretless replacement is your best option. I bought one for my Jazz back in 2004, and it's perfect. I sold the original neck on ebay and made a lot of my money back, but it didn't have any warping issues.

4. I just spoke to a local fender dealer. He wasn't real familiar with the process, but indicated that fender may warranty the neck.. I'll have to get serial numbers in to himand see how it goes. I may be screwed as I traded for the bass and don't have a receipt.

Has anyone had any warranty work done on a neck? WHat is the process? send in the entire bass? just the neck?

Any guidance would be great.

Thanks,

MIke

5. Warmoth says they might not be able to help due to the newness of my bass. Apparently their necks are more in line with older specs.

Can any of you offer other suggestions as to a possible solution? I've got a call into USACG, so maybe there will be some help there.

Any good luthiers around the Williamsport PA area?

Thanks,

MIke