1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale/Trade MIA Fender Jazz w/ HG Thor epoxy treated neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BK bassist, Oct 14, 2017.

1. BK bassist

BK bassist Gold Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Price:
    $1275
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Up for sale or possible trade is my Fender MIA fretless Jazz Bass with an HG Thor Epoxy coated neck.

This white on white MIA Fender Jazz Bass has been kept in absolute pristine condition and plays as beautifully as she looks.

The HG Thor treated fingerboard allows for amazing "MWAH" and sustain along the entire neck. The bass has recently been set up, the neck is spot on straight and the action is set very low allowing for extremely fast playing ...

This bass produces a "mwah" that's almost identical to Pedulla Pentabuzz .... and for a fraction of the Pedulla pricetag!

The epoxy coating really highlights the natural beauty of the rosewood fingerboard, plus you can also use roundwounds on her without the fear of chewing up the rosewood considering the strength and thickness of the epoxy coating.

HG Thor has a current waitlist of 2-4 years for this treatment, here are links to their website:

http://www.woodwiz.com/epoxy/

HG Thor Epoxy Fretless Testimonials

I'm selling this bass as I already have a few other fretless basses and since I don't gig on a fretless ...I'd rather have the cash to purchase a bass I'd gig with.

As far as trades, I'd consider an EBMM American Sterling or Stingray "classic" / an American P bass / a Sandberg California .... I'm also open to other bass trades as well.

Hardshell case included / Buyer pays shipping.

If you dig Fender Jazz basses and you're looking for a killer "MWAH", this should be your next bass.

Thanks for checking her out!
    IMG_8858 (1).JPG IMG_8859.JPG IMG_8861.JPG IMG_8862.JPG IMG_8863.JPG IMG_8864.JPG IMG_8865.JPG IMG_8866.JPG IMG_8867.JPG IMG_8870.JPG IMG_8872.JPG IMG_8873.JPG IMG_8874.JPG IMG_8878.JPG IMG_8880.JPG

2. BK bassist

BK bassist Gold Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    FYI - Any shots of the fretboard that look like wear, are only reflections or glare when taking the pics yesterday ... I should have wiped the fretboard down before taking them, lol - If interested, PM me and I'll send additional shots with the fretboard polished.

This bass is ridiculously clean as can be seen in the posted pics.

3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Saw this on Reverb. Very cool. Wish Jazz bass necks were not a hair too thin for me.

BK bassist likes this.