1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MIA Fender Jazz

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Mr.QuakQuak, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Well this super cool :cool: guy I've known that lives in CA now is going to get ship me his old red MIA Jazz since he now has this new $3000 bass he never puts down. He said he never plays the MIA and he knew I play, so is giving it to me just for the shipping cost.

The problem: He picked it up from his friends where it has been a while and the pickups are fried. He said the circut board for the onboard effects also was fried but when did a jazz have onboard effects ??

What pickups would you reccomend throwing in this wonderful bass since the cost is on him ?

2. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    For a MIA jazz, I would highly recommend the new Nordstrand NJ4 single coils, which would be a perfect drop-in replacement fit for your jazz. These pickups were designed with the vintage jazz bass in mind, are wound to ole' school specs using formvar wire and Alnice 5 magnets. Very sweet and clean with a lot of single coil snap! They'll make you smile like this....:D

:)