1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD MIA Fender Precision V Standard - 5 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tonedeaf, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ***NOW FOR SALE ONLY***

I bought this bass a little under a year ago from this thread.

I was just making the transition from 4 strings to 5, and I wanted a good quality, straightforward, passive instrument to play while I did it. I couldn't have asked for a better bass to fit that description.

This P looks, feels, and plays great, and I'm now almost exclusively a 5 string player, BUT. . .

P basses just aren't me. I love the way they sound when I hear other people playing them, and I've tried a couple 4-string P's back in the day, but I always go back to basses with two pickups. My current 5-string stable is a MIA Jazz V, Lakland Skyline 55-01, and as of today a Sterling HS!:bassist:

Anyway, back on topic. This is a great bass, sunburst/tort/rosewood board, pictures coming soon, I love the way it plays but it has one too few pickups for me.

I'm asking $875 shipped CONUS. Gigbag included, nothing too fancy.

Am I interested in trades? Maybe. 5 strings, 2 or more pickups, same general value, I'm not against the deal including a little cash either way.

2. VeganThump

VeganThump

Jun 29, 2012
    South Jersey
    very tempting...

3. Babaghanoush

Babaghanoush

Jan 21, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    What year?

Looking forward to the pictures.

4. The guy who sold it to me thought it was from 2008 based on the serial number. Stand by for pics

5. Bump for pics - other than some light swirling, the only flaw I could find tonight was a tiny ding where your plucking arm sits on top of the bass. Less than 1/4" in diameter, in the black part of the burst, I couldn't get it to show up in a photo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. One thing I forgot to mention - the strap buttons are for straplocks, which I don't have the strap part for. I used them like regular strap buttons and didn't have any trouble.

7. bourbonbass

bourbonbass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2012
    new orleans LA
    What's the weight?

8. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    The post he linked to from the original purchase says 9.3 lbs. I don't see this one lasting long. Thinking....

9. 9.3 pounds, according to the previous owner

10. Babaghanoush

Babaghanoush

Jan 21, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    That would be a record low weight for that bass! It's notorious for being 11-11.5 lbs.

If you only had the hard case...

11. Babaghanoush

Babaghanoush

Jan 21, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Can't get the original link to work. :confused:

12. I couldn't get the link to work from my iPad app but it worked fine from the browser. I don't have a scale at my house, but it has never stood out to me as a particularly heavy bass when I've played it.

13. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Not so. These are usually 9-10 lbs. They can be found a little lighter heavier as well.

14. Babaghanoush

Babaghanoush

Jan 21, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    I stand corrected. Sweetwater has one that is 8lb 13 oz. and another that's 9 even. My bad.

15. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    It's a good weight... and a great color and grain on her as well! Someone jump on this! I LOVE my 2011 Candy Cola/maple P5 that tips the scales about the same weight... These are PERFECT for P-men...

16. bourbonbass

bourbonbass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2012
    new orleans LA
    PM'd you

17. My latest purchase arrived and she's a beaut! I have a couple of intriguing trade offers on the table but I'll bump this again to see if anyone else is out there. . .

18. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Can you tell me what the nut measurement is on this beauty?

19. It is 1 7/8"

20. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Thanks, I was hoping it might be a little narrower but that's pretty standard for a 5 stringer these days.....

Bump for a very nice looking bass!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.