1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

mia jazz V w/o modification?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sean p, Nov 7, 2003.

1. sean p

sean p

Mar 7, 2002
    eugene, oregon
    sorry if i'm duplicating a previous question, but my searches yielded either too little information or way too many threads.

i've recently read with interest several threads re: replacement pickups for mia jazzes (notably smash's summer showdown - great work!). many of the common replacement pups are available only in four string versions, though. i believe this includes the sd antiquity II and the dimarzio model j, among others.

the ultra-jazzes are available in a five string configuration, but the dimarzio website says that installation will require modification (carving the wells a bit deeper, i think).

i'm looking for a set of replacement five string pups that won't require modification to my bass. can folks shout out some recommendations?

thanks,
    sean p
    (usually on the other side of talkbass, but drifting over here more and more...)

2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Hi there!

I am also owner of MIA Jazz V. This fall I replaced the stock pickups with Bartolini´s.

Check out my thread about it right here!

3. sean p

sean p

Mar 7, 2002
    eugene, oregon
    bump!

anybody else know of five string replacement j pups?

thx,
    sean p