Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MIA Natural Ash / Maple Jazz Bass w/ Duncan Antiquities

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by blipndub, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Back on the market!

For Sale
    1999 MIA

Beautifully figured ash body, durable finish fast and snappy neck. Antiquities are mellow, similar output to stock but with vintage, nuanced sound. Excellent condition but for very slight ding on back of neck, not noticable when playing.

Great player, cool vibe, always turns heads.
    Approx 9 lbs.

$800 with OHSC

Would consider trade for Sunburst 1975 RI

[​IMG]

more pix
    http://students.washington.edu/jhl8/Fender Jazz Bass/

2. whoa. nice bass. i got a black american with maple neck a few months back, but i was looking for a natural one. thats my dream bass, but i spent all my loot on my black one. up for this guy.

3. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    you have PM

4. *Jaw hits floor, and goes through it. And I'm in the basment* :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :drool:

5. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Email sent

6. I'm going to get an accurate weight on this thing, I know that is some concern with these ash basses. I wont have access to a scale until wednesday this week. If anyone has one of these and knows the weight please post.

Edit: The marcus miller jazz weighs 9 lbs, mine doesn't have the bound neck or added electronics so it's no heavier than that...

Also here is a pic of the ding it's at the top of the neck at the 7th fret. it could easily be sanded out.

7. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    bck at ya bro

8. Don't want any surprises so...

I just discovered this ding as I was taking the last pic. It's on the front of the headstock by the A-string tuner (on the treble side)

9. This baby has sold!

10. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Nice! Congrats Scott (I'm assuming)!!! I'm not in the market... but drooled a bit at the pictures! Nice Bass

11. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    yes, that bass is exactly what I have wanted for some time now

12. Thanks AB!

13. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL

remind me to add you to my hatelist! :mad:

GORGEOUS! Bass....You are a very lucky man!