1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD MIA Package Deal (4 string bass & loaded 5 body)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by David_70, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David_70

David_70

Mar 28, 2012
    Selling items from my collection that I'm simply not using. Package deal provides best value to buyer. $1750 shipped, CONUS for both items A & B:

Item A): Mint 2011 Carvin SB 4000 with Mint 2011 Fender MIA '75 Jazz Reissue Neck. Looks like a clone of the Fender Select Active Jazz Bass (which retails for $3,199). Honeyburst on flamed maple, with active/passive electronics. Replaced Carvin neck with MIA '75 Jazz Reissue blocked and bound rosewood neck (purchased new, on sale through Stratosphere on Ebay for $750; price was over $800). I have the original Fender '75 Jazz tuners - and will have luthier replace on the neck upon sale (Hipshots currently installed). Includes original hard case.

Item B): Loaded 2012 MIA Fender Precision V body, Sunburst, with new/unused 60's Custom Shop Pickups installed. Essentially unplayed, as neck has been removed and used on another P Bass I own; pickups never used. Re-installed original bridge onto body; covers any extra bridge holes that might be present from other bridges having been tried. There is a scratch under the clear coat that is difficult to see from a foot away from the instrument - and does not photograph; the body looks beautiful. Includes original neck plate and screws.

Thank you for your interest.

Photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wn2m82cyw6ji6rv/bI2bbaLlpU

2. David_70

David_70

Mar 28, 2012
    Neck radius on '75 Jazz reissue neck is 7.25" and has a glossy back.

3. David_70

David_70

Mar 28, 2012
    This is the "OK, I'll entertain offers to break up the package and sell either of these individually, but am starting to lean towards pulling the thread down and stop feeling guilty for owning so much stuff and just enjoy them all bump."

4. ElliottStrong

ElliottStrong Music City via the Motor City Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Nashville/ Detroit
    I know that we aren't supposed to question a sellers asking price, and I'm not, but what is the relevance of posting the list price of a bass that you think it looks like? confused

5. David_70

David_70

Mar 28, 2012
    Ask my wife - I do many things in my life that lack relevance or reason. Maybe this was another one of those. When I assembled the Carvin body to the Fender blocked/bound neck, I thought to myself - cool, Fender doesn't sell one like this (at least so I thought). Then, I saw the Fender Select and thought to myself - hey, you just created a clone of a bass that is really expensive, without spending $3K. So, was pointing out that it looks just like Fender's special Jazz bass, but isn't as pricey. Question away! Thick skinned over here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.