1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MIA Standard Jazz Bass V string tree?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thiocyclist, Dec 28, 2012.

1. thiocyclist

thiocyclist

Sep 19, 2012
    Since I still haven't seen the new 2012 update of a Fender MIA 5-string in person yet, I am particularly confused by the photos on the Musician's Friend site that show the string trees on one finish (Oly White) as the modern MM-style retainer for the A/D strings and two round vintage-style retainers on all the other finishes. The reason I care so much is I vastly prefer the MM-style retainers both for looks and function, so if the new 5-strings are now built with this setup it would influence my willingness to order one blind. Any reports of these creatures from the field that can confirm/deny the modern string retainer?

2. thiocyclist

thiocyclist

Sep 19, 2012
    Really, no one? :meh:

3. the newest pictures on the Fender site of the 2013 finishes show the round retainers.

0193752795_frt_wlg_001.jpg

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021