Miami is

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by reasonbass, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Slowly losing all the radio stations that were actually pretty decent. About 2 days ago we lost our only rock station. While it wasn't the best at least we had a rock station. And sometimes during the year they would throw concerts that I would go and drink beer and look at women. But yeah its being replaced by another spanish station. Like we need another one. lol. There was also a classical station that got replaced by a dance/rave station. I tought that was actually pretty funny. Radio take over is a cold hearted business. I think Miami is getting rid of English speaking or American music, since most of the population is hispanic now. Which sucks for the people there that don't care about spanish music and like rock. I think few of the bands that even came to Miami on tours won't come anymore for lack of promotion.

Oh well I can't really blame them for doing it..its all about money anyways. But it still sucks. I'm probably(95%) moving to Orlando in a year. I heard theres a cool bass store there :ninja:
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Nobody likes Miami. Even Miami hates Miami.
  3. Im starting to hear that a lot now a days. Pesonally I don't hate Miami. But its culture and way of life doesn't appeal to me. So thats is why I'm leaving it.
  4. The exact same thing happened here in Houston just a few months ago, until a bunch of po'ed people protested Clear Channel til they gave us a new one.
  5. Yeah the station was owned by Clear Channel, which is now pursuing the spanish radio market. But I don't think theres enough people to protest here. :crying: