Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

mic feedback

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RETSAMPALS, Oct 30, 2000.

1. RETSAMPALS

RETSAMPALS

Sep 10, 2000
    hey guys...well since there arn't any vocalist.com websites that i know of i though i'd do my singer a favor and ask about microphone feedback..whenever we practice in that cramped studio, we can't get her loud enough to hear over the guitars and drums without getting a hella lotta feeback...and even at a low sound level, she has to manuevuer the mic...to not get feedback...i know it's prolly cuz of the small space but i've heard of noisegate effects? like they eliminate feedback? would you recomment one of those?
    thanks
    retsampals

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    There are a number of signal processors by BBE, Behringer, Furman, etc. which incorporate notch filters, ie. EQs which cut a particular frequency in order to fight feedback. I know of one product, the Behringer DSP1100P, that is devoted solely to this function.

3. RETSAMPALS

RETSAMPALS

Sep 10, 2000
    thanks for the reply...do you have a link for that? and do you know anyplace online that sells it?