Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mic Troubles

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by paniak17, Aug 23, 2005.

1. I have a boss mr-8 and im whenever i mic my piano it always comes out...uh....ewww sounding. It's all grumbly and stuff.

Then I noticed that when I put my mic in the xlr input thing it doesnt work. It's the onboard mic thats recording it( the onboard mic is really sesative and just not good.) How do I get my mic to work and turn the onboard one off, and don't say read the manual, trust me I have.

Also, will this improve my pianos recorded sound or is it something else? My piano sounds great and i like it, but when i record it its just..uh..not clean sounding.

2. bump

3. Rav

Rav

Dec 29, 2004
    Aurora, IL

4. sorryyyy i ment boss br-864.

5. Rav

Rav

Dec 29, 2004
    Aurora, IL
    Ok,

press [UTILITY]
    Press cursor < > until you get to "SYS" then press enter.
    press cursor < > until you get to "Onbrd Mic"
    rotate the TIME/VALUE dial to off
    press [UTILITY] to exit back to the play screen

Select [MIC] as your input source and connect your external microphone to the XLR input.

These instructions are from page 32 of the owners manual.

http://www.rolandus.com/product_manuals/manuals.download?DownloadId=MjI1Nzcw

It looks like it doesn't provide phantom power. If your microphone requires phantom power it won't work without an external power supply.

-Rav

6. I think I love you. Thanks.