Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Michael Anthony Bass solo

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, Mar 13, 2006.

1. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  2. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI

+1

3. PhR

PhR

Dec 13, 2005
    Finland
    Hey, it's only rock'n'roll. I don't think Michael takes his solo very seriously either, and he is a very solid player.

4. I found it to be very entertaining. Mission accomplished for Michael Anthony.

5. WillCO

WillCO An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure.

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    Nothing wrong with that at all. Mike Anthony is a good bass player, and a great entertainer. That bass solo is good entertainment. The audience seems to like it just fine.

6. WillCO

WillCO An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure.

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    I remember my first beer...

7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Micheal Anthony,is the prime example of a good Bass player(and by some a great one)that gives the song just what it needs and he helps hold things together,he really is a good pocket player and his sound has always been of quality.his playing may not be for every body but he does get the job done and these are things that some can learn from.I have a lot of respect for him and what he brings to the Bass playing table.

8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    You are rating his ability on a random, drunken solo that was probably just an attempt to cover some down time in the concert? A concert that was at least 20 years ago?

For all you know he could be a chops oriented player who makes his money with non-flashy playing.

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    The more you try to look like you know what you are talking about, the less it appears to be true.

It was pretty goofy, but that's the point.

10. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    I'm not here to start a war,but I totally disagree with everything you have said in regards to Micheal Anthony as a bass player,how do you know if he has stopped growing?he is a very Mature sounding Bass player and his contribution to bass playing has been keenly documented.

if you don't mind me asking?how long have you been playing Bass?

11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    for the love of all that's holy please stop typing out "hahahha".

12. edbass

edbass

Nov 8, 2004
    Wow! You have certainly impressed me!
    I didn't catch the name of the band that you helped make a household word????
    Sounds like you've convinced yourself that you are a "Bassist Extrordinaire", of a enough stature to condemn an actual PROFESSIONAL MUSICIANS ability.
    Where can I get your CD's so I can worship you properly?
    You have to accomplish something to earn the right to talk "ish", and if you ever do, you'll find most true PROFESSIONALS wouldn't dog other players, not even loud mouthed wanna be's.
    Name something from your body of work that someone has heard of, then pop off about how much other people suck.

13. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

do you mind sharing with us what bass players are good,great and just ok in your book?

14. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I gauge Michael's work by what he did on the first few VH albums. He did a great job - there's a place for that kind of simple support playing if it's done with class and conviction. The same applies to Cliff Williams of AC/DC.

Plus, if you're playing bass in a band with Eddie Van Halen, good taste and common sense dictate you just lay it down, keep it simple, and stand back.

Didn't T.M. Stevens play on "Passion and Warfare"?

15. edbass

edbass

Nov 8, 2004
    No disrespect, JAUQO III-X, but who gives a rat's *ss what this egotistical amateur thinks?

16. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    I like that :):)

p.s.

no disrespect taken

17. edbass

edbass

Nov 8, 2004
    I think you are the only one who mentioned money, you shouldn't be so fixated on it. It is the root of all evil you know.

18. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I've heard of Michael Anthony.

I've never heard of Armando.

Don't look now, but I see a green-eyed monster.

19. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Check out Armondo's profile

20. edbass

edbass

Nov 8, 2004
    Aw, go easy on old Armando. It must be very frustrating to have played for 16 yrs and have accomplished NOTHING.

This must be what has reduced him to taking pot shots at Bass players who have.