1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Michael Anthony takes you on a tour of his house

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by A.K., Jun 2, 2014.

1. A.K.

A.K.

Jan 9, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    . . . to the soothing strains of "When It's Love." He was selling it in 2009. The pool area is pretty kickass.

2. OldDirtyBassist

OldDirtyBassist

Mar 13, 2014
    I didn't know he was that dang rich, jeez.

3. If memory serves, he was the only one of the original VH who didn't blow his money on dumb s***

4. A.K.

A.K.

Jan 9, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    I'm sure he's worth at least $20-30 million. Possibly much more.

5. bluesdogblues

bluesdogblues

Nov 13, 2007
    Being in super group that very very well selling records and concerts for years enough, if they can manage their money wisely enough, they must be rich enough.

rtav and SirMjac28 like this.
  6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Does it show where the alarms are? :)

bluesdogblues and A.K. like this.
  7. A.K.

A.K.

Jan 9, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Eddie and Alex made Mike give up songwriting royalties in the early '90s. Then in '04, they made him sign an agreement to give up all future VH royalties (even performing royalties from all the albums) in order to be allowed to tour with them. That's around the time Eddie started calling him "Sobolewski" (Mike's real last name) in interviews.

I guess insulting and humiliating Mike made the brothers feel good. Both DLR and Sammy have said that before.

8. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    Too bad it all came down to that because there was a time when Eddie had nothing but praise for MA and was quick to defend him.

Seeing how MA sold his house makes me guess it was time to downsize. Wonder where he's living now? Such a good and positive man!

9. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Check out VH's track record. They moved a TON of units. Seriously mind-blowing how consistent and massive their sales were.

10. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Oct 20, 2009
    Madison, MS
    Yeah, I believe that I remember Sammy Hagar saying something about Michael investing very heavily and wisely. I believe that the bulk of his money these days doesn't have anything to do with his music career. It was the seed of course but he turned it into a lot more.

11. He was pretty much in the background in VH, because that's how EDDY wanted it...With Chickenfoot, his ability and talent really shines, and he looks like he is having the time of his life...and the other band members RESPECT his playing...He did always strike me as smarter than everyone else in VH, though...
    Glad to see him having such a good time now.

carsbybigd likes this.
  12. Sammy did the same, too...sold his tequila company to a big liquor corp for $80 mil...a nice cushion.

carsbybigd likes this.
  13. Kmonk

Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan, Nordstrand Pickups, Korg , Conquest Sound
    You're joking, right?

How did they "make" him sign away his rights? If he signed them away, that's his own stupidity.

14. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    wow! his pool is just like mine!

old mark likes this.
  15. Vinny_G

Vinny_G

Dec 1, 2011
    What is that? I don't care about his house, dogs etc. I stopped the video before 1 minute because I thought I was watching TV, which I don't like ><
    I like his bass playing though. But this is [insert what you want here].

16. A.K.

A.K.

Jan 9, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    He would have been fired from the band if he hadn't signed. That's how they "made" him.

17. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    So, i googled it and according to one of those celebrity net worth sites, he is worth $60M. Don't underestimate all those sales during the DLR and Hagar years. In fact, the Hagar era sold even more records than the DLR era. I think he sold or gave back some rights moving forward, not on all that original stuff from what I read.

Michael Anthony seems like a good guy. While the VH brothers were destroying relationships and making awful decisions often based on alcohol and drug problems, it seems Anthony has always been the rock. His Wikipedia page says he married his wife in 81, so I think he has led a much more stable life than many other rock stars. That probably translates to properly managing his money as well.

A.K. likes this.
  18. Sammy was set for life BEFORE Van Halen....took his Montrose money (which probably wasn't that much, relatively) and invested in apartment buildings and then built an extremely successful fire sprinkler system company....and then a few bicycle shops....dude's got more in his head than just a great set of pipes.

also, THIS DUDE IS ALMOST SEVENTY YEARS OLD
    [​IMG]

carsbybigd likes this.
  19. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    Almost 70?!?!? Goes to show what a great attitude will do for ya! Gotta love Sammy! That guy's a party within himself!

20. Sammy is 66...I know this because he is 3 months younger than I am...he will be 67 this October....

DSCN0574_zpsc5cac044.

I will be 67 this August...the pic is me from 2 weeks ago, with my Les Paul Junior...

FWIW, Keith Richards is 70...explain THAT to me... ;)

Jah Wobble Fan likes this.