Michael, Any sheet music or tabs?

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Ugly Cassanova, Sep 17, 2003.

1. First of all, I gotta say I love your music, you are an amazing musician. I wish there were places in my town that sold your cd's.

And for the other question, do you have any sheet music laying around, or tabs of some of your songs you've written?

In my searches i've only found 'When We Last Spoke'. I'd like to learn that, but I can't find the recording anywhere to accually see how it goes.

Thanks in advanced.
  2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks so much, Cassanova. I did a complete transcription book of my record Thonk with the Hal Leonard company. Unfortunatly, the CD and, I think, the book are both out of print. However, you may be able to find copies of the book from on-line bass specialty shops and copies of the CD from used outlets. Sorry for the run-around. It's been a struggle convincing these companies to keep things in print!
  3. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    i got a copy of the book, but from where i dont remember. but either way, its good. if i had a way to scan it i would scan it and post it, but i dont.
  4. There's Cliff Engel's transcription of Michael's "Purple Haze" solo arrangement on www.talkbass.net somewhere.

With your more virtuosic works Michael, do you play it the same time for every concert or do you vary it (semi-improvise) around.