Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Michael at Berklee

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by chris griffiths, Mar 28, 2003.

1. chris griffiths

chris griffiths

Aug 20, 2002
    nashville tn
    Endorsing artist: Gallien Krueger
    Michael,

I'm looking forward to your visit to the berklee college of music the 31st of march. I hope you have a pleasant stay in boston see you when you get here.

now we just need to get steve out here!:D

2. chris griffiths

chris griffiths

Aug 20, 2002
    nashville tn
    Michael was great he played a bunch of good tunes to an informal crowd of bass players, took questions, told jokes and was really probably the best clinician berklee has head since Abe Laboriel Sr stopped by. I have a friend who took some pictures and I'm going to try to get a hold of some of them also they record everything at Berklee Recital halls so I'm going to see if I can get some mp3's of it to post on here.

Thanks Michael for such a great afternoon. Now I gotta work on my Bach Cello Suites a little harder :)

3. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Chris,

Thanks so much for your very kind report on my visit to Berklee. It was a treat to be back at the old Alma Mater and a pleasure to meet you. Even though many things have changed since I was a student there, it's good to know you all are still sweating over those cello suites!

4. chris griffiths

chris griffiths

Aug 20, 2002
    nashville tn
    well now that I have to tap them, it puts a different twist on things.