Michael Formanek at the Vermont Jazz Center very helpful teacher

Discussion in 'Music Theory [DB]' started by Eugene Uman, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Eugene Uman

Eugene Uman

Jul 13, 2004
    The Vermont Jazz Center Summer Workshop runs from August 8 to the 14th, 2004. There are still a few openings to study with legendary bassist Michael Formanek in a beautiful, rural setting at the Putney School campus in Putney, Vermont. Small class sizes, intermediate to advanced levels. Study theory/composition, master classes, factory led ensembles and lots of playing opportunities. For more information, contact the Vermont Jazz Center at info@vtjazz.org, or visit our website at www.vtjazz.org.
  2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Mike's a very nice cat. Bring him some good coffee beans and he'll be your friend for life. He's the only guy I know that drinks more coffee than Ray Parker.

The Vermont thing seems to be pretty open, so if there are enough folks that would want to study with one specific player (that lives in the NY area), it might be arrangeable...
  3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Not so fast: I think my I.V. bag holds more coffee than Ray's. Maybe I need to meet both these guys...they sound like kindred spirits. Anyway, however he got into that headspace, I gotta say that Mike's playing on Fred Hersch's "Heartsongs" is absolutely gorgeous.