1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Michael Hartery of Boston Bass Works

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by jacochops, Dec 6, 2010.

1. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    I just wanted to throw out a quick post about how awesome Michael Hartery from Boston Bass Works is. Not only did he do some great work on my board and soundpost, he aided me in selling an instrument for me, and was communicative, honest, and supportive the whole time. A great guy, for sure! If you're in the New England (or New York area, for that matter), and you need work done to your bass, I couldn't recommend Michael enough. Tops in my book!

2. anonymous02282011

anonymous02282011 Guest

Jun 27, 2007
    +1000

3. quartetwest

quartetwest

Apr 10, 2007
    Boston West
    Michael did some work (new fingerboard, soundpost, setup) on my Juzek about 18 months ago, and the work was top notch. I couldn't have been happier with the results.

4. stefaniw80401

stefaniw80401 Supporting Member

May 18, 2004
    Evergreen, Colorado
  5. robobass

robobass

Aug 1, 2005
    Cologne, Germany
    Private Inventor - Bass Capos
    He must not have kept his domain registration paid up. I've been told that if you let it lapse some hacker will jump on it hoping to sell it back to you.

6. arnoldschnitzer

arnoldschnitzer AES Fine Instruments

Feb 16, 2002
    New Mexico. USA
    Michael recently made the move to join our shop. He is servicing the bass community as well as expanding our cello department. He is a very welcome addition to our business!

Ed Fuqua likes this.
  7. mdcbass

mdcbass Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Seacoast of NH
    That's good to know. Michael is a talented luthier and a very nice one at that. There's always room for cello c-e-l-l-o!

8. Michael Hartery

Michael Hartery Guest

Mar 13, 2018
    Boston Bass Works no longer exists.

I No longer works on Basses.

Thank you.