Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Michael Hedge's Oracle

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ImaStupidBaby, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Who plays bass on this?

I've heard Michael Manring or Edgar Meyer contributed to a few of the songs on Oracle, but I don't know which one it was.

Anyone know?

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Oracle is one of Hedges' albums I don't own, but it's pretty easy to tell the difference between Manring and Meyer- Meyer=double bass, Manring=electric, usually fretless.

3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    That's Michael Manring on there.

4. yeah, well sometimes its hard for me to tell if its Hedges and someone else, or just Hedges by himself.

You really should pick up Oracle if you get a chance. Its pretty amazing.

5. cool. the same dude told me both people at at two different times, so I was confused.

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I own about four of his albums, and I've heard the rest of them (my old roommate was a rabid fan), although I never asked which discs he was playing when he was playing them.