Michael Kelly Acoustics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by godoze, Dec 30, 2002.

1. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    anybody played one ? They look fancy and are cheap...just wondering if anyone has experience with one.
  2. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    You can find their "blem" items on ebay. MK basses have a 32'' scale instead of 34''. The sound is very bright, but can be overcome with the right strings. Thomastik-Infeld makes a nylon core string made with piezo pickups in mind. If you plan to use it in a group situation, you will probably need to use an amp.
  3. I had the unlinned fretless model..I had it for about a day and a half...I was so pissed to find that the side dots were in the wrong location. Why are they even making these basses like this?. it's so wrong!!!!...I talked to MK they said that there is no standard way as to where the side dots should be placed:eek: As far as sound go's, it sounded ok and would have sounded a little better with the right strings...I see that most of people who are buying these basses are guitarist looking for a fancy looking bass to mess around on or newbie's that don't know jack about basses...um kay!
  4. Quality

May 7, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    MK is now offering a flatwound string on their site. I use these with my MK 5 and the brightness problems seem to go away. The bass is just a little boomy, especially on the "A".