Michael Kelly basses???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pmkelly, Aug 28, 2001.

1. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I have seen these basses somewhat regularly on ebay, and they seem like they might be an inexpensive but pretty good acoustic bass... just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them?

2. I'm looking at buying a Michael Kelly acoustic bass. They are on Ebay from 150$ up to 300$. They seem resonable and I found a webpage for them. Anybody played on one or had any success with them?
  3. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    I was actually thinking about this too. They seem to be decent, although I've never heard of Michael Kelly before. Anyone have any experience?
  4. my friend has one he got from e bay and he loves it!! ........so much so hes looking for a six string acoustic from the same manufacturer,,,,,,,,,rokon
  5. http://www.michaelkellyguitars.com

This is the website for the acoustic basses. They seem reasonable to me. If I sell my Remo Djembe hand drum than I'll be getting one of these basses soon.
  6. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    Hey skit,
    Let me know if you get one... Im gonna think it over. They look alright, but I don't have the money right now.
  7. Quality

May 7, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    MK rocks.
    You should do a search for Michael Kelly on this site. There are more posts here then you can shake a Chapmin Stick at.
  8. Quality

May 7, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    Have a 5 string fretted and love it.
    Do a search here for tons of info.:)
  9. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    So what's the deal with resuscitating a pile of year- and year-and-a-half old threads to talk about your MK?
  10. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Give him credit for using the search function before starting a new thread.
    All we need now is a moderator to merge the threads together.
  11. kutz

Mar 19, 2003
    Orange County CA
    I've got a 5 string. It's a great bass for the $. They're very well made, no gaps in the construction, good fretwork and binding. The dragonfly & vine inlay is beautiful and very well done. It's not overly loud acoustically, but I haven't played an acoustic bass guitar that is. Just remember that the bass has only a 32" scale.