Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Michael Kelly Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BluePinkGreen, Aug 3, 2002.

1. BluePinkGreen

BluePinkGreen

Feb 24, 2002
    Auburn, CA
    I'm looking into buying an acoustic bass guitar. I've come accross a really good deal on a Michael Kelly acoustic bass, and I was wondering if anyone has played one or knows anything about them. i'd greatly appreciate any advice or anythig you can tell me about these basses.

2. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    they are a lot of thread about that, just do a research...

You ll find more ...

3. BigTex

BigTex

Nov 16, 2002
    Don't know if its too late, but I just got one. It is excellent craftsmanship and is the most beautiful acoustic bass I've ever seen. My only complaint is that it doesn't have as "BIG" an acoustic sound as I'd like to hear.

4. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    i had one, they are quite beautiful basses, but....i wasn't that impressed. the neck was off in terms of intonation, and the preamp/pups were way to hot.

5. Quality

Quality

May 7, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    Pigpen02,
    Did you get it used?
    What kind of strings? String guage plays major into the intonation as well as the neck relief.
    MK has new strings on their site (custom guage flats) which sound great.
    With the EQ You need to roll off everything and bring up the mids and highs to your liking. A DI only makes things better.