1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Michael Kelly Custom Collection?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Qalamar, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Qalamar

Qalamar

Sep 26, 2017
    Custom Collection Element 5

Hey guys, so recently I've noticed a used Michael Kelly Custom Collection Element 5 up for sale in my area and I was wondering if anyone here had some information about the basses. From a quick search I've found a few people talking about them and reception is generally been really good. I just figured I'd give it another go.

Any information regarding the quality, sound, value, feel, etc is really appreciated. The bass I'm looking at in particular is a 5 string with a zebrawood top. Even if you haven't played one but have any knowledge regarding the electronics/wood/etc I would appreciate it. Thanks and have a good one!

2. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    I'm expecting one in a couple of weeks I chooses the Zebra 5. So far the YouTube vids have been positive! I'll update once I get it!

3. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    I own an Element Q5 and Striped Ebony 5. Both are worth the price of admission.

Rapisme likes this.
  4. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Yeah I saw you're YouTube clip. I'm thinking more along the realm of Sire competitor in the market. As I've owned a couple. But time will tell as I'm curious to its bridge system and EQ. Hopefully a Zebrawood will come my way.. How's that body wood on the bass?