Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Michael Manring homemade t-shirt

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by meltsakana, Mar 28, 2003.

1. meltsakana

meltsakana

Sep 3, 2002
    So, for my birthday my friends made me a t-shirt! Check it out:

[​IMG]

and the front:
    [​IMG]

Cool, huh? :D

Unfortunately, it's too small for me. I'm going to bug my friends to make a larger one... Michael, maybe you'd like this one? It might closer fit your build than mine.

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    hey that is pretty cool....although I think that each side could be their own fronts. very cool though

3. Man, you have the hippest friends ever.

4. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    My friends wouldn't have a clue who Michael is. Or care. Blasted guitarists...

5. meltsakana

meltsakana

Sep 3, 2002
    While certainly hip, they are not bassists! I just happen to be very vocal about my interests.

6. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Awesome shirt ya got there. :) I'd love something like that in black and gray. :D

7. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Where can I place my order? Manthing, may I make a suggestion? *assumes voice of Yogurt from Space Balls* "Merchandising! Merchandising! Merchandising! Manthing the lunchbox; Manthing the T-Shirt, Manthing the doll; Manthing the flamethrower!!"

8. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Meltsakana, thanks so much for the kind offer! I think I'll pass, though. There's something about the idea of wearing shirt with my own picture on it that's a little too narcissistic for me! Perhaps one of the other folks on Talkbass would like to have it?

Basstriaxis, you're right -- if I was smart I'd take advantage of this wonderful capitalistic system of ours and have my merchandising act together. Hopefully someday! Actually, in my defense, at one point I contemplated the subject for a while and came up with a product I felt I could get behind – Hyperbass shaped cat toys! I sold them at my gigs for several months, but I'm sorry to report they are no longer available.

9. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    WOW, I'd buy this in a sec!

10. Theere was this guy with a t-shirt that said "This is not a Fugazi shirt" (Fugazi doesnt make t-shirts), and i thought that was clever. Your shirt is also nice.

11. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Cat toys? Hehe...aww...I'm sure my kitties would've loved those.

12. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Yeah, my cats went completely mental for them. I'd like to say it was due to a latent musical desire in their little feline brains, but it probably had more to do with the high octane catnip!

13. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    I can certainly attest to the stoner affect of the catnip filled hypurrbass - The Aged Feline was stoned out of his tree for days after I first brought mine home... :D

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk

14. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
  15. Definitely too much cat-based bias on this thread. How about a squeaky hyperbass shaped dog chew? Sample that!
    [​IMG]

16. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I've heard that smoking catnip has a similar effect on humans to marijuana. But you wouldn't know anything about that, would you Steve... :D

17. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Smoking Catnip???? Good lord, you need to get out more... LOL

I tried smoking all kinds of weird stuff in my teens - tea, pot pourri, sugar, various herbs and spices... never got any more than a sore head...

I'm sure that however effective Catnip is when smoked, it can't possibly be any more fun than watching your cat roll around in extasy after sniffing it... :D

Cats not Drugs - my new campaign!

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk

18. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    LOL! *I* haven't done it, I just recall reading it somewhere...

19. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    that is the most whacked out thing I hae ever heard, and now I want at least 3-10 of them!!!!!

20. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    This gets my vote for "most-hijacked-ever" thread. How did we go from talking about a shirt to smoking catnip?

Manthing fans are wierd.