Michael Manring - Thank you

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Reggae Eric, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Reggae Eric

Reggae Eric

Jun 24, 2005

I have been indirectly following your music since 1990 when my college roommate turned me on to Michael Hedges. Those Hedges albums really got me through some difficult times and had (and still have) a profound influence in my life. I am so thankful that we crossed paths. I have clips of you guys playing at Lake Tahoe that I watch over and over again. There was something magical that happened when you guys played. I wish I could explain it.

I picked up "The Book of Flame" about 3 months ago and it completely blew me away. I picked up "Soliloquy" and "Carbonne - DiPiazza - Manring" this week. Once again I was taken back to that "magical" place. Those records are phenomenal!!!

You are great inspiration to me and cause me to strive to be a better Bass player and musician. You inspire me to think "outside the box" musically/creatively. I just wanted you to know you have made a huge impact on me and I am sure countless others.

I look forward to seeing you when you come toward the east coast... Hopefully sooner than later...

Best regards

2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks so much for your very kind words, Eric. And thanks for remembering Hedges. He was a great guy.