Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

michael moorcock fans?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by pigpen02, Apr 6, 2004.

1. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    so, i've been a fan of michael moorcock since i was....god, probably 10 or 11, when i first got ahold of the elric series. loved so many things he's done, from the whole sci/fantasy corum/hawkmoon thing, the eternal champion. my fave's are the von Bek books, particularly The Warhound and the World's Pain and City in the Autumn Stars.

this'll probably sound a bit like fanboy gushing, but imagine the delight when i found this:
    http://www.multiverse.org/phpnuke/forum2.html

now i can pick mike's brain! seems like a very nice fellow, lots of responses there. whole lot of other great info as well (did you know they're making an elric of melnibone flick?! sweet!)

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I always liked "Time of the Hawklords" Moorcock's novel where the guys in Hawkwind (including Lemmy, pre-Motorhead) were superheroes who had to save the universe.

3. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    I just found an old copy of "A Messiah at the End of Time" in a used bookstore. Interesting work, a real departure from the swords & sorcery that he's known for. I think it was originally published in the 60's, so I think it pre-dates the Elric , Corum and Hawkmoon series.