Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Michael Moore

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by JAS, May 15, 2003.

1. JAS

JAS

Jul 3, 2001
    California
    Does any one know if Michael Moore is using Obligatos?

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Innovations, maybe? He's all over their webpage.

3. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    Like most of us, he tried (and maybe still tries?) many strings.
    Innovations, Helicores, Obligatos...
    Is it that important?...
    What I've learn through several dozens of experiments, and several hundreds of dollars, is that you have to find the strings that fit you and your instrument.
    What Joe Blow uses is of no importance.
    (at least that's what I think)

My $0.02!

4. lermgalieu

lermgalieu Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    No offense, but I don't see any comment from JAS like 'I must know because I believe that if I get the same ones, I will automatically play and sound like Michael Moore". No, in fact he probably wants to know for much of the same reasons any of us would want to know - knowledge is power, and maybe its better to have a general idea of what strings you *might* like than to start randomly buying strings.

So you think its unimportant what strings Joe Blow uses. So what? JAS asked a very specific question and received an uncalled for general opinion.

That's *my* $.02.

5. Michael has been using Obligatos on a Christopher for a few years. He left the Innovations long ago. In between, he was using D'Addario arco strings for pizz. I thought they sucked, but that's what he wanted. However, as Jason says, Michael used to change strings the way we change socks.

I just remembered: Michael uses one Spirocore, either G or E. Don't ask; I don't know why.