Michael - Question about your Zons

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by tiefling, Sep 16, 2003.

1. tiefling

Aug 19, 2003
    Washington DC
    Hi Michael – I was just wondering what you do to clean your Zons. I’ve read everything from WD40 to glass cleaner being used on the graphite necks. Any suggestions for cleaning the neck and body?

2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Hmmm... Actually I haven't had much problem with my basses getting dirty. I like to keep my hands clean when I'm playing and I think that helps. If the basses look like they need it, I sometimes wipe them with a damp cloth and that seems to work just fine. Zon might be a better resource for this kind of information, though. I believe info@zonguitars.com is the place to ask.
  3. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    don't wanna steal anyone's thunder here, but our own fred hodshon recently contacted joe on the same subject and this is what he said: windex on the finish, neck and hardware, and wd-40 on the board. i tried it myself on my sonus special 5er and it works pretty good. i also use ghs fast fret on my strings which helps to eliminate some string noise and gets the crap off of them. hope that helped!