Michael Starr

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by fleabass89, May 30, 2001.

1. He was the old bass player for Alice in Chains.. then all of the sudden Inez took over. What ever happened to him, and where is he? I've researched this like hell and could never find anything.
  2. killer B

killer B

Apr 18, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    I heard he left because he wanted to spend more time with his wife and kid. I've also heard it was do to a drug problem (I kinda doubt that one I mean look at Layne)
    I've heard he formed a "traditional metal" band called sun red sun or something like that. Never heard anything from them. No idea what the story is now.
    I liked his bass playing a lot (I like Inez too) and his tone on Dirt is one of my favorites
  3. Niels Keijzer

Niels Keijzer Guest

Nov 27, 2000
    He played on "Would?"...You should get a statue only for that.
  4. Bringing this post back from the dead!

I was wondering what gear he used. I have heard that he and Mike Inez used the same basses and amps (coincidence?), but don't know exactly what they are.. Anyone know?

and his tone (especially Dirt) is truley awesome.:)
  5. I'm pretty sure both use Spectors. I think Starr used an SVT on Dirt. That grindy overdrive has SVT written all over it!
  6. aha! thanks...
  7. NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    If I'm not mistaken, I believe Starr was in Sun Red Sun before he joined AinC...
  8. I think you're mistaken.