1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Michael's class for BassPlayer and SWR

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Psychbass, Mar 13, 2008.

1. I just wanted to let you all know that Michael's class for bass player last night was amazing. Well worth the $20 admission.

Michael was nice enough to answer two of my questions: one about the e-bow and one about his use of altered tunings.

He really knows his stuff. I found it funny that he was talking about a cello player and then tuned his bass just like a cello (only an octave lower, in CGDA) and just goes nuts on it.

So thanks for doing the clinic and answering my questions, Michael. It was great.

The best part of the night was when my wife heard Michael playing coming upstairs from the computer and asked if that was me playing. :ninja:

Then she sat down and watched the whole class with me.

Such good stuff.

Now to see if I won that SWR combo. :D

Thanks for being such a great bassist Michael!

Seth

2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks so much, Seth!

3. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    I wouldn't miss an opportunity to attend one of his clinics. One of the most talented guys around and IME, easily one of the nicest too.