Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Michael's solo gigs.

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by sloppysubs, Feb 19, 2003.

1. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    Hey Michael, or anyone,
    Do you play just your solo stuff at your shows or do you play both solos and the ensambles? Thanks.

2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Well, that depends on whether it's a solo gig or an ensemble gig! I often play a solo piece or two at ensemble shows, depending on the situation.

3. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    Do you play with the musicians on the album or just the guys that come around.

4. Michael Manring

Apr 1, 2000
    I play in a lot of different formats depending on the nature of the gig and who's available. Sometimes I play with folks who played on my records, sometimes not. For instance, tomorrow I'm flying to France to play at a guitar festival with my friend Mike Keneally who played with Zappa and Vai, and my buddy Evan Schiller, who plays drums in a band we have called Sadhappy. We've never played together as a trio before, but the promoter was interested in hearing this particular combination so we'll give it a try!

5. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    That will be really cool. Does Attention Deficit ever get around to doing gigs? I really like that stuff.

6. Michael Manring

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks, Zongeek. We've always wanted to do some Attention Deficit gigs, but haven't yet been able to coordinate it. Hopefully soon!