1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Micheal's Purple Haze

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Plantbrain, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Plantbrain

Plantbrain Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Hi,

I was blown away when I heard this several years back. Any videos, you tube, tabs etc? I'm a lucky sucker.......Micheal is coming to Larkspur, CA where I'm from! A few times and with Stu as well as a few other places near the bay!

Unfortunately, I found out about the SF bass clinic a few days too late to get in here a couple of weekends ago:crying:

Oakland bass clinic? I can only pray and play.

Thanks for such novel techniques and methods, they really have made me really view the instrument in a totally new light.

Regards,

Tom

2. PM me I have the music for Purple Haze. By the way Mr. Manring, I have checked out that place in Larkspur and was told they were shutting down. Is this true? Are you still playing there and when can I buy tickets? I figured you would know the most. Thank you

3. Plantbrain

Oct 9, 2006
    I do not think it's closing, I could be wrong.
    He's playing in Berk and Livermore as well, so I'll get to see him somewhere close by.

Cannot wait either.

Tom

4. JNowiski

JNowiski

Jan 16, 2006
    Fayetteville/NC
    cliff engel has it online, on a lesson, tab and notation.

5. Plantbrain

Oct 9, 2006
    Thanks!
    I'll bug him.

Tom

6. I found an audio clip here, for anybody else who wants to hear it. Good stuff!

7. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Wow, that is incredible!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 19, 2021